A design blog to capture a collection of thoughts from a bowerbird who is in love with unique design - fashion, furniture, art, photography, interiors, jewellery and creative minxes



Friday, May 11, 2012

Welcome Jack Angus Turner




It’s been a very eventful 6 weeks since my last post. Almost 24 hours after I finished writing my last entry, my waters broke and I went into labour. I’d booked in for a planned caesarian on the 19th April so I never thought I’d experience contractions. [To all those women out there who have endured hours of labour, I take my hat off to you. My contractions were 7 minutes apart and only lasted 2 hours and that was definitely enough.] A few hours after my waters broke I was in hospital having an emergency caesarian.  Then entered the world Jack Angus Turner at 1.31am on Tuesday 27th March, 5 weeks before his due date and weighing 2.34kg (5.1 lbs).  
Being a premature baby he was taken straight to special care to help regulate his temperature and I was stitched up and sent back to my room. It was heart breaking not having him with me and my first cuddle wasn’t until the next morning. 
Jack remained in special care for 2 weeks while I commuted to and from the hospital delivering expressed milk and doing breast feeds. It was a very tough few weeks. You feel so empty going home without your baby, especially when you still need to wake every 3 hours overnight to express milk on a machine!
It was a very exciting and daunting day bringing our little man home from the hospital but 6 weeks have flown by and I love being a mum. I can’t imagine life without him. Jack now weighs 3.3kg (7.2lbs) and is healthy and happy.
I’m starting to get back into blogging in-between feeds/sleeps and look forward to sharing some inspiring posts with you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...